DataDirect Technologies Home Page
Categories: ADO.NET providers
Latest version: 3.1
Added 2005-04-12Updated 2007-05-21
Suite of 100% managed code data providers.
DataDirect Connect for .NET's architecture does not require database client software. This optimizes network access for better performance and makes it easier to install, deploy, and administer applications.
- 100% managed data providers, no calls to unmanaged code
- Does not require database client libraries
- Suite of providers for major databases and designed for interoperability across databases
- Interoperability features: Standardized parameter markers (“?”) for stored procedures across all databases; standard error code mappings (SQLStates); support of standard SQL escape syntax for stored procedures, outer joins, scalar functions and date, time and timestamps
- Supports new Oracle 10g Float and Double Data types and supports Oracle RAC
- Connection failover support and client-side load balancing for all databases
- Testing and certification against Microsoft’s proprietary ADO.NET test suites ensures interoperability with Microsoft .NET platform and tools
- Distributed transaction support using Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (DTC) for all providers
- Microsoft-compatible connection pooling
- Supports Windows authentication for SQL Server
- Includes support for Command Builders
- Built-in debugging tools and tracing capabilities
- Oracle 8i R2, R3 (8.1.6, 8.1.7), Oracle 9i R1, R2 (9.0.1, 9.2), Oracle 10g R2
- DB2 Universal Database (UDB) v7.x, and v8.x for Windows, Unix, and Linux
- DB2 v6.x, and v7.x for OS/390 and z/OS
- DB2 v4R5, V5R1 and V5R2 for AS/400
- SQL Server 7, 2000, 2005 and Enterprise Edition (64 bit)
- Sybase Adaptive Server (ASE) 11.5, 11.9, 12.0, 12.5, 12.5.1, 15
Built for .NET
Built for .NET 2
Latest version: 3.0
Components that dynamically transform EDI and flat files to XML.
DataDirect XML Converters provide bi-directional, programmatic access to virtually any non-XML file (EDI, flat files, etc.). XML Converters allow developers to stream any non-XML data as XML to XML processing components or to your own applications. They support StAX, SAX, DOM and I/O streaming interfaces, and so can be embedded directly for translation purposes, or as part of a chain of programs including XSLT and XQuery, or even inside XML pipelines.
Converters are bidirectional. Formats supported are EDI (EDIFACT, X12, EANCOM, IATA) and flat file formats (CSV, tab-separated, binary, dBase, and others).
Built for .NET
Help the .NET community get a consensus on great tools. Display your favorite tools on your own website or on your blog.
Keep track of your favorite tools. Build your personal watch list.