Categories: Code conversion - Language migration
Latest version: 3.3
Migration solution for moving older Visual Basic applications (version 3 to 6) to a modern ASP.NET client architecture based on C# without the use of any external tools or binaries.
- Automatically transforms a VB 3 to 6 application into an object-oriented target ASP.NET (C#) application.
- Creates a clean separation between application logic (server-side code) and the presentation layer (HTML markup).
- Supports a set of server controls that are commonly used in Visual Basic such as Button, TextBox, TextArea, Label, Frame, Image Control, ListBox, ComboBox, ListView and Tab Control.
- Able to recreate the same use and feeling an end-user gets in a rich client environment due to the inbuilt enhanced session-state management in .NET
- Functional mapping between Visual Basic and native C# resulting in no external C# wrappers or use of Microsoft VB.NET namespace.
- A set of analyzing tools give information directly from the source code to be migrated to enable planning.
- Supports generation of XML documentation (.NET) during a translation of a legacy system. Automatically detects comments and meta-data defined in classes, interfaces, modules, constructors, fields and methods.
- Support guidelines check-up. Detects and automatically renames variables, parameters and methods to comply with Microsoft MSDN standards.
Built for .NET