Categories: Web Services - Remoting - WCF
Latest version: 1.0.1317.11722
Improves .NET Remoting with support for callbacks and asynchronous events.
Rather than opening a new connection for each method call/lookup, as is done in stock .NET remoting, PeerChannel will open only one socket between two hosts. Messages between hosts are multiplexed on this socket. This cuts down on connection setup time as well as conserves socket handles, particularly on heavily loaded hosts that potentially can have many incoming calls at once.
- Bidirectional replacement for TcpChannel
- Scalable MultiQueue
- Supports server activated objects, client activated objects, and asynchronous remoting
- Works with both binary and SOAP formatters
- Replaceable prefix allows transparent upgrade
- AES/Rijndael Encryption option
Built for .NET
Free or free version available