Categories: Profiling - Debugging
Latest version: 3.5
Added 2003-05-20Updated 2009-10-15
Tool for finding memory leaks and optimizing the memory usage in .NET programs.
.NET Memory Profiler allows you to retrieve information about all instance allocations performed on the garbage collected heap (GC heap) and all instances that reside on the GC heap. The retrieved information is presented in real-time, both numerically and graphically.
- can collect snapshots of the heap, which can optionally allow the presentation of field values of instances. It is also possible to compare two snapshots, which is a way of detecting memory leaks in a program. A snapshot provides information about: all classes, all instances of classes, the call stacks of the instance allocations, the path to a root from each instance.
- a dispose tracker provides additional data about disposable instances. An API makes it possible to automatically detect memory leaks and control the profiler from within the profiled program.
- a heap utilization tracker gives you information about how the GC heap generations are used by allocated instances.
- the profiler also presents information about the native memory of the profiled process or any other process running on the computer.
- unmanaged resources tracker
- possibility to attach to a running .NET process
- automatic memory analysis
- 64-bit support
- integration with Visual Studio 2008, 2005 and 2003
Built for .NET
Built for .NET 2