Categories: Persistence - Data-tier
Latest version: 1.2
Set of objects providing wrappers for standard database calls.
DatabaseClient includes two objects:
- DatabaseWrapper: used to create a database connection and make SQL calls to any database using either a query or non-query based call. The wrapper also supports scalar calls. It was designed so that all the database calls incur no more overhead than directly interacting with the standard database provider methods.
- DatabaseHelper: contains a set of static methods to obtain the data you require from your database. The set of methods provide all of the same database interactions as DatabaseWrapper.
- Supports SQL Server, Oracle, OLEDB, and ODBC.
- Supports standard database calls (ExecuteQuery, ExecuteNonQuery, ExecuteScalar).
- Returns queried data in a DataSet.
- Ability to define the connection string in the web.config file.
- Separates database interactions from your code.
Built for .NET