Categories: SVG - XAML - WPF - Silverlight
Latest version: 3.0
C#-based library for easily programming images, animations, interactions, and visualizations on WPF.
Bling is oriented towards design technologists, i.e., designers who sometimes program, to aid in the rapid prototyping of rich UI design ideas. Students, artists, researchers, and hobbyists will also find Bling useful as a tool for quickly expressing ideas or visualizations. Bling's APIs and constructs are optimized for the fast programming of throw away code as opposed to the careful programming of production code.
Bling as the following features that aid in the rapid prototyping of rich UIs:
- Declarative constraints that maintain dynamic relationships in the UI without the need for complex event handling.
- Simplified animation with one line of code.
- High-level functional programming constructs for graphics programming including abstractions for textures, pixel effects, transitions, curves, surfaces, height fields, normal maps, and 3D/2.5D lighting.
- Experimental support for Direct3D 10 pixel/vertex shaders.
- Pixel shader effects without the need to write HLSL code or boilerplate code.
- Experimental UI physics engine for integrating physics into user interfaces.
- Library of geometry routines.
- As a lightweight wrapper around WPF, Bling code is completely compatible with conventional WPF code written in C#, XAML, or other .NET languages.
Built for .NET 2
Free or free version available
Source code provided