Categories: Code generation, Modeling - Architecture - MDA - UML, RAD - Dev automation
Author: Computer Associates
Latest version: 6.0
Architected RAD tool that combines the techniques of model-based development, patterns and code generation to accelerate the delivery and maintenance of .NET and Java applications.
- Multi-platform code generation: generates complete applications including user interfaces, business logic and database objects.
- Patterns: utilize and extend patterns from supplied pattern libraries or write your own.
- Visual development environment with multi-developer repository based on semantic network technology.
- C# server generator built on .NET 2.0
- Enables design and generation of Swing Desktop Clients and Applets.
- EJB design and generation across multiple app servers (JBOSS, Websphere, Weblogic, etc.).
- OLE DB support for Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server and other databases.
- JDBC support for Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server, Ingres and other databases.
- Provides interoperability with Java and IBM System i applications.
- Automatically provides DataSet interfaces for integrating Plex .NET apps with other tools.
- HTML thin client generation and XML and web services support.
- Platform independent model can also be generated for other platforms (including C++/MFC)
Previous name: AllFusion Plex
Built for .NET 2