Composite UI Application Block
Categories: Rich client UI
Latest version: December 2005 RTW
Reusable, source code–based component based on the .NET Framework 2.0 that provides practices to build smart client user interfaces based on design patterns such as the Composite pattern, in which simple user interface parts can be combined to create complex solutions, but at the same time allowing these parts to be independently developed, tested, and deployed.
This application block is designed to support the development of smart client line-of-business applications such as the ones found in the following scenarios:
- Online transaction processing (OLTP) front-ends, in areas such as stock distribution centers or data entry applications
- Rich client portals to back-end services, such as portals to government services or bank teller applications
- UI intensive information-worker standalone applications, such as those used by call center staff, IT support desks, or stock traders
It facilitates the design and implementation of your client applications in three areas:
- It allows your application to be based on the concept of modules or plug-ins.
- It allows developers with shell expertise to build components that hide user interface complexity from the business logic development.
- It facilitates development using patterns for loose coupling between modules.
Built for .NET
Built for .NET 2
Free or free version available
Source code provided