Categories: ASP.NET, Deployment - Installation
Author: Bobby DeRosa
Latest version: 184.108.40.206
Added 2006-10-03Updated 2008-02-07
Visaul Studio plugin that helps you keep track of the files that need to be uploaded for your ASP.NET projects.
Dispatch is designed for web developers that don't need a build server to deploy their projects. If you use in-place compilation or Web Application Projects, Dispatch can be used when it comes time to sync your changes.
- Uploading files by checking boxes and clicking a button or keyboard command.
- Let Dispatch handle the task of determining which files need to be uploaded.
- Track modified files in realtime or do a file comparison-when you're ready to deploy.
- Specify the FTP settings for your site and you're set. Optionally, you can configure file filters using wildcard patterns to filter out files that shouldn't be deployed.
- Local connection string different from your production connection string? Use String Replacement to replace strings in any project file on-upload.
- In addition to file-change tracking, Dispatch offers File Comparison at a per-directory level in two different modes, so you can identify dirty files.
- The Remote View Overlay feature fuses your remote file system directly on top of your local file system, giving an overview of project inconsistencies.
- Items that exist remotely can be downloaded, renamed and deleted. Remote-only items appear opaque and are noted with a red bullet. Items that exist locally-only are noted with a green bullet.
- As an option, Dispatch can quietly monitor changes to files within your projects. When a file is added, renamed or updated, the file will be queued for upload. When you are ready to deploy, click the Upload button at the top and Dispatch will asynchronously transfer your files to your server.
- Integration with Visual Studio 2005/2008.
Built for .NET 2
Free or free version available