Categories: ASP.NET, Tracing - Logging - Monitoring
Author: Atif Aziz
Latest version: 1.2
Added 2005-01-13Updated 2011-05-12
Application-wide error logging of unhandled exceptions for ASP.NET.
ELMAH (Error Logging Modules and Handlers) is pluggable: it can be dynamically added to a an ASP.NET web application, or even all ASP.NET web applications on a machine, without any need for re-compilation or re-deployment.
ELMAH comes as an ASP.NET HTTP Module and an HTTP Handler.
- Logging of nearly all unhandled exceptions
- A web page to remotely view the entire log of recoded exceptions
- A web page to remotely view the full details of any one logged exception
- In many cases, you can review the original yellow screen of death that ASP.NET generated for a given exception, even with customErrors mode turned off
- An e-mail notification of each error at the time it occurs
- An RSS feed of the last 15 errors from the log
- Log errors to several storages: SQL Server, Oracle, SQLite, Access, Loose XML files, RAM (in-memory)
Built for .NET
Built for .NET 2
Free or free version available
Source code provided