Author: GemStone Systems
Latest version: 5.0
Distributed data caching platform.
GemFire Enterprise supports multiple topologies that allow it to be embedded into application architectures such as J2EE, .NET, Grid, SOA and portals.
- Distributed data caching: Cache topologies (Peer-to-peer, partitioned, hierarchical/client-server caching); Disk overflow to scale to large data volumes (LRU, MFU, etc.); Disk Persistence
- Data distribution and cache consistency management: Asynchronous/synchronous propagation of cache updates; Transport layer based on TCP and reliable multi-cast; Support for loosely-coupled caches across a WAN Message queuing to support slow receivers; Declarative role-based reliable distribution (message-like semantics)
- JTA compliant transaction support
- Standards-based querying via Object Query language (OQL)
- Access APIs for Java, C++, C# applications
- Scalable distributed membership management
- High availability through n-way replication and disk persistence
- Connection level security (SSL) and on-the wire tamper-proofing
- XML data management with Xpath, XML:DB and SOAP API support
- System management: management console; visual statistics display; JMX API support
Built for .NET