Categories: Code analysis - Standards verifiers, Miscellaneous
Latest version: 20080124
Added 2007-01-12Updated 2008-02-17
Tool that enables discovery, composition and consumption of development guidance.
Guidance Explorer installs with a connection to the Microsoft Patterns & Practices guidance library including performance and security topics for .NET, ASP.NET, and ADO.NET applications. The guidance library contains a variety of guidance types including checklists and guidelines covering design, implementation and deployment topics.
- Find relevant patterns & practices guidance
- Build customized checklists for your development scenarios
- Build customized guidelines for your development scenarios
- You can build custom sets of guidance and share with your team as recommended practice.
- Guidance Explorer: smart client that allows browsing local or remote libraries from a Windows Forms client application.
- Guidance Explorer Web Edition: allows a user to browse guidance from the online store. Unlike the smart client it is a read-only view on guidance.
- Online Guidance Store: provides a mechanism for publishing to, and sharing from, a guidance library on the web. It is a web service interface backed by a SQL Server 2005 database.
- Guidance Explorer Authoring Toolkit: stripped down version of Guidance Explorer that does not come with a guidance library and includes just the basic guidance types.
Built for .NET
Built for .NET 2
Free or free version available
Source code provided