Categories: Compilation, Frameworks
Latest version: 2.6.1
Added 2003-05-20Updated 2009-12-22
The Mono project is an effort to create an open source implementation of the .NET Development Framework.
Mono includes a compiler for the C# language, a runtime for the Common Language Infrastructure (also referred as the CLR) and a set of class libraries.
- Multi-platform (Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Solaris, Mac OS X, Windows)
- Based on the ECMA/ISO standards
- Runs ASP.NET and Windows Forms applications
- Can run .NET (C#, VB.NET, Boo, Nemerle, Python), Java, and more
- The runtime can be embedded into your application
- Open Source, Free Software
- Commercially supported
Built for .NET
Built for .NET 2
Free or free version available
Source code provided