Categories: Code analysis - Standards verifiers
Author: Patrick Smacchia
Latest version: 3.0
Added 2004-04-27Updated 2010-05-05
Analyses an application's assemblies and generates reports containing design quality metrics, warnings and diagrams.
NDepend allows you to measure the quality of a design in terms of its extensibility, reusability and maintainability to manage and control the assemblies’ dependencies of your .NET applications. Moreover, NDepend helps you to get a view of the topology of your application, both at component and at type level.
- Code Query Language (CQL): NDepend considers your code as a database and CQL allows to query and check some assertions on this database. CQL allows you to write: Code quality constraints, Naming constraints, Encapsulation constraints, Queries on the graph of dependencies, Queries on the inheritance tree, Design constraints, Queries to get the biggest or smallest code elements according to almost 30 metrics.
- Compare builds
- 82 code metrics
- Manage complexity and dependencies
- Detect dependency cycles
- Harness test coverage data
- Enforce immutability and purity
- Warnings about the health of your build process
- Generate custom report from your build process
- Diagrams and interactive code dependencies graphs
- Facilities to cope with real-world environment
- Visual Studio integration (2010, 2008, 2005)
- .NET Reflector integration with disassembly comparison
Built for .NET
Built for .NET 2
Built for .NET 4
Free or free version available
Source code provided