ASP.NET RSS Toolkit
Categories: ASP.NET, Internet and communications
Latest version: 2.0
Added 2007-03-11Updated 2007-06-19
The RSS toolkit includes support for consuming as well as publishing RSS feeds in ASP.NET applications. It includes support for creating and consuming RSS, RDF, ATOM and OPML feeds in your applications.
- RSS Data Source control to consume feeds in ASP.NET applications: Works with ASP.NET data bound controls; Implements schema to generate columns at design time; Supports auto-generation of columns at runtime (via ICustomTypeDescriptor implementation)
- Caching of downloaded feeds both in-memory and on-disk (persisted across process restarts)
- Generation of strongly typed classes for RSS feeds (including strongly typed channel, items, image, handler) based on a RSS URL (the toolkit recognizes RSS and RDF feeds) or a file containing RSS definition. Allows programmatically download and create RSS channels using strongly-typed classes.
- Support for generation of RSS feeds in ASP.NET application including: RSS HTTP handler (strongly typed HTTP handlers are generated automatically by the build providers) to generate the feed; RSS HyperLink control (that can point to RSS HTTP handler) to create RSS links; Optional secure encoding of user name into query string to allow generation of personalized feeds
- Set of classes for programmatic consumption and generation of RSS feed in a late-bound way, without using strongly types generated classes
Built for .NET 2
Free or free version available
Source code provided