Categories: Modeling - Architecture - MDA - UML
Latest version: 1.0
Added 2008-09-18Updated 2009-03-31
Model-Driven Development code generation framework.
With Sculpture you can model your application components, and then transform this model to deployable components for your favorite technology.
- comes with ready-made molds: DAAB, NHibernate, LINQ, CSLA, WCF, ASMX, Windows forms, WPF, Silverlight, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC
- provides a starter kit wizard that enables you to choose among available technologies to start your project with all layers
- contains a Guidance Package for building your own Mold or customizes existing ones
- can generate any kind of text output using templates (source code, database scripts, web pages, XML, configuration files, etc.)
Sculpture is divided into:
- Sculpture Core Engine: a platform that hosts the molds, takes care of making all the molds work together. It includes the Model Designer, Mold discovery and loader, generic validation engine, generic code generation engine, command holder, and editor controls holder.
- Mold: The primary plug-in of the Sculpture framework, with Molds you can extend all the power of Sculpture to manage the model and the produced code as your needs, Molds provide the ability to process model elements.
Built for .NET 2
Built for Silverlight
Free or free version available
Source code provided