Categories: IDEs - IDE add-ins
Author: Jens Schaller
Latest version: 2.1
Added 2007-12-05Updated 2009-01-06
Add-in for Visual Studio that allows a search for any file within every project of the loaded solution by entering the complete filename or just a part of it.
- Display modes: As a popup window or as a dockable tool window.
- Best match: By sorting the Match column in descending order, you see the best matching result on top of the result list.
- Shortened paths: To keep the file paths shown in the Path column short, the common base path of all files is determined, extracted from the original paths and shown in the column header.
- Search options: You can use wildcards, use placeholders or search by initials.
- Completely keyboard controllable.
- Found files can either be edited with a single keystroke, or a Windows Explorer, command-line prompt, or Powershell console can be opened at the file's location.
- Live preview: When navigating through the result list using the Cursor Up/Down keys with Use live preview enabled, the selected file will be automatically loaded into the editor.
Built for .NET 2
Free or free version available