Visual Studio Tools for Office
Categories: IDEs - IDE add-ins
Latest version: 2005 Second Edition
Added 2003-11-25Updated 2006-12-08
Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office Second Edition or VSTO 2005 SE for short) is a free add-on to Visual Studio 2005 that empowers developers to build applications targeting the 2007 Office system. Developers can now harness the benefits of the 2007 Office system platform and create Office-based solutions using Visual Studio 2005.
- Application-level add-in support for the most popular 2007 Office System applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, InfoPath, and Visio, and provides safe loading/unloading and easy management of managed add-ins.
- Design-time and runtime support for key 2007 Office System features such as the Ribbon, Custom Task Panes, and Outlook forms regions.
- Design-time support for InfoPath 2007 form templates.
- Maintainability and compatibility assurances. VSTO 2005 SE ensures that the applications customers have built on Office 2003 with VSTO 2005 continue to run with 2007 Office system.
- The ability to run in Visual Studio 2005 Professional, in addition to those Visual Studio versions already supported, including all of the MSDN subscriptions and Visual Studio Team System family of products.
- Expanded application-level add-in support for these Office 2003 Standard and Professional applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio.
Built for .NET 2
Free or free version available