Web Development Helper
Author: Nikhil Kothari
Latest version: 0.8.3.0
Added 2005-08-02Updated 2005-10-01
Browser extension to provide a couple of tools for the ASP.NET page or control developer.
The Web Development Helper is an utility that plugs into Internet Explorer to allow viewing information about the current page such as view state and trace, perform some operations on the server in the context of the running application to aid testing, and also allow monitoring requests and responses for diagnostic scenarios.
- A warning when either debug or trace have been turned on.
- Ability to hide trace information from the page, and view it in a separate dialog, so it does not get in the way of your page's layout.
- Ability to view the page's view state (in various forms: raw, parsed, and decoded) to help you optimize your state management logic.
- Ability to view items stored in cache, and remove them for testing purposes.
- Ability to shutdown the application (unloading the associated appdomain), in order to test starting it from a clean state.
- Ability to log all HTTP (and HTTPS) traffic between the browser and your server, and view request and response details.
Built for .NET
Built for .NET 2
Free or free version available