XAML Power Toys
Categories: SVG - XAML - WPF - Silverlight
Author: Karl Shifflett
Latest version: 5
Added 2008-09-26Updated 2009-10-27
Visual Studio 2008 SP1 add-in that empowers WPF and Silverlight developers while working in the XAML editor.
XAML Power Toys is accessed through commands in the XAML editor context menu and the Solution Explorer item context menu.
- Create WPF or Silverlight DataGrid For Class: create a DataGrid with bindings that are associated with properties on the source class
- Create ListView For Class: create a ListView with bindings that are associated with properties on the source class
- Create Business Form For Class: create a form with bindings that are associated with properties on the source class
- Create Business Form: create a form with bindings if desired
- Show Fields List For Class: display a list of class fields similar to Microsoft Access. Allows dragging of fields to create controls.
- Group Into: allows selecting one or more controls and group them inside a new parent control
- Remove Designer XAML: allows selecting of one or more controls and will remove all MinWidth, MinHeight, x:Name, Name, Margin properties and will set all row and column definitions to Auto
- Remove Margins: allows selecting one or more controls and removes the Margin property from them
- Edit Grid & Column Rows: allows selecting a grid and then add or remove rows and columns
- Set Defaults For Created Controls: allows customizing the initial properties that are set when the software creates a new control
- You can use the current version of this add-in to create XAML for Silverlight, but the two-way binding syntax that is generated will not work in Silverlight Beta 2 and you may need to edit the XAML
Built for .NET 2
Built for Silverlight
Free or free version available
Source code provided